Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kings of War is our New Game



Hi, folks. First post in a long time. Real life has been kind of sucky and I haven't been up for blogging. Now all of a sudden Mantic Games' "Kings of War" has got my mojo back. :)

I think Mantic is the successor to the Games Workshop mantle. At least for me. I had a lot of GW minis sitting around gathering dust for the last 12 years or so. Kings of War has given them a new "life".

If you're not familiar with Mantic's "Kings of War", it is a Fantasy Mass Combat Tabletop Wargame. Mantic has an excellent, free ruleset you can download from their site, written by Alessio Cavatore. If you google them, you can find lots of positive reviews.

Anyway, after watching some excellent YouTube videos from the "Kings of War Channel" and Wargames Supplies, I started reviving those old Warhammer Armies for use in "Kings of War". So far, my sons Stephen and Mark and I have played several games of "Kings of War", using an old GW Empire army for the "Kings of War" Kingdoms of Men faction, an old Vampire Counts army for KoW Undead, Dwarves, Warriors of Chaos, High Elves, and Dark Elves (Mantic Twilight Kin) .

To me, KoW plays so much better and the fact that we can use old GW armies in KoW makes it that much more attractive. I'll be posting some articles on Kings of War soon.

Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Jay said...

Hi, Lucky. Good to hear from you. I am looking forward to more KoW!

Simon Quinton said...

Yay glad to see you got your mojo back. Shall look forward to seeing this new project spring to life

Vampifan said...

Welcome back, LJ. You've been gone for far too long and I've missed your blog posts.

Zabadak said...

Good to see your blog back in action and you have your enthusiasm back. It'll be interesting to watch this new project develop.

Luckyjoe said...

Hi, everyone. Thanks very much for dropping by.

@Jay: Thanks. I'm working on another post today, but it will be a little while.

@Simon: Thanks, it really is gaining a life of it's own. Now I'm working on a castle for a siege game.

@Bryan: Thanks very much.I'll try not to disappoint. :)

@Joe: Thanks. I hope to have battle reports, terrain stuff and articles on the different armies as well.

Zombie Ad said...

Welcome Back Joe. Great to hear you've got your mojo back sir

Luckyjoe said...

Hi, Zombie Ad. Thanks very much. :)

Anonymous said...

How much for the wizard on the Pegasus mini?

simon said...

**bookmarked**