Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sgt. Major Minis Get Some! 28mm Sci Fi
About a week ago I saw a thread on TMP asking about 28mm minis to use to represent Firefly crew and Alliance troops. Andy from SMPress posted in that thread that they (Sgt. Major Minis) had their "Smuggler Crew" minis available and that they would soon have their "Space Cannibals" and "Allied Troops" ready as well. I had been waiting for word on the "Smuggler Crew" since seeing a post about them a while ago. Here's a link to the Sgt Maj Minis site. I immediately ordered them and got them really fast. Great service from Sgt Maj Minis, and great minis at an excellent price. As a matter of fact I did something I never do. I bought them sight unseen, and I'm glad I did. They're excellent minis. I'll be getting those "Space Cannibals" and "Allied Troops" as soon as they're available. So far all I've gotten done on them is to clean up a little flash and remove some mold lines and get them primed. Here's a couple of size comparison shots:
Pic below shows SMM's "Adam" /Jayne (middle) with a Heroclix mini on the left and a GW Space Marine on the right.
Pic below shows SMM's "Adam" /Jayne (middle) with an EM4 Plastic Trooper on the left and a GW Space Marine on the right.
I chose the Adam figure for two reasons. One, he's my favorite, and two, he's the biggest of the crew. These minis size up pretty well with the other 28s I already own. I'm looking forward to getting these things painted. Thanks for looking.
- ► 2011 (28)
- A couple of 28mm Sci Fi updates
- 15mm Sci Fi/Post-Apoc Fuel Tower
- Better pics of the 28mm not Firefly Smuggler Crew
- 28mm Sci Fi Warehouse update
- Painted Sgt Maj Minis Smuggler Crew
- Update on the 15K not Space Marine Vehicles
- Girl Gangers for Combat Zone
- 15mm not Predator and not Whirlwind with Old Crow ...
- A few more builds for the Combat Zone table
- 28mm Warehouse for Combat Zone
- EM4 plastic Mechs
- Sgt. Major Minis Get Some! 28mm Sci Fi
- How about Combat Zone in 15mm?
- Trying some 28mm EM4 weapons as 15mm Vehicle Weapo...
- ▼ October (14)