Sunday, June 13, 2010

15mm Song of Blades and Heroes

I have been doing some work on some 15mm Warbands for SBH. I searched for good 15mm fantasy minis and so far have gone with Rebel Minis, Khurasan minis, Eureka 18mm Minis and Splintered Light minis. These all seem to size up pretty well with each other and there are some excellent sculpts. So far I've painted the Eureka Elves (Elves of the Lofty Spire), Eureka 18mm Dwarves, an Undead Warband with a mixture of Rebel minis Cultists and Skeletons, and Splintered Light minis Ghouls (the Ghouls were already painted a while back for use as Zombies in 15mm All Things Zombie gaming). I have pics of those further down the page. I have a growing 15mm Lead Mountain with some more excellent Eureka 18mm Orcs and Man-orcs (partially painted). And a whole bunch of Khurasan and Rebel Minis.

Khurasan: the newly released Khurasan Orcs (these are just beautiful and I can't wait to paint them), Khurasan Lizardmen (they're a little smaller than I expected) Khurasan Wights (very nice Skeletons), Khurasan Vampires (bat-form vamp is outstanding), Khurasan Reaper (my Liche for my Undead) and a pack of "The Accursed Getinmahbeli" female Cannibals, (I'm thinking female human barbarians).

Rebel Minis: Barbarian Warriors and Archers from their Mighty Armies line to use in Human Warbands, and a Wolf Clan Goblin Army box on it's way.

And there is a butt-load more I want to add :): Splintered Light Kobolds, Ratmen and Hyena men, especially.

I plan on making a series of posts covering each warband. Here's a few pics of what I have so far:
Eureka 18mm Dwarves: I love these sculpts















Undead Warband Rebel mini cultist with reb robe, 2 Rebel mini Skeletons, and 5 Splintered Light Minis Ghouls




























Eureka 18mm Elf Warband

2 comments:

Chad Thorson said...

Thanks for posting these! I've been wonder how their elves look like. I really like that they have the dwarves mounted on ponies rather than boars or sheep.

Luckyjoe said...

Thanks, yeah I prefer my Dwarves on ponies, too. More like Tolkien than Warhammer.